Summary: Supervise and manage Community Support Workers (CSWs) and Care Coordinators for the purpose of
assuring quality clinical services, documentation, and professional conduct as it relates to client care and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Detail-Oriented, highly organized, flexible, strong oral and written communication in
English, strong interpersonal skills, technologically competent
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Review and approve all encounter notes within 48 hours of being entered into the electronic medical record
(EMR) system. Correct and provide feedback as needed for the purpose of quality assurance.
• Ensure all consumers have person-centered TxPlans and Diagnostic Assessments (DA) and ensure they are
updated as needed.
• Must be able to provide billable services each week
• Provide supervision (individual or group) for a minimum of 4 hours a month for each CSW to provide clinical
support, crisis intervention, and support the clinical intervention necessary for effective treatment
• Implements team orientation and training. Assesses staff training needs and make recommendations to Clinical
Director and Quality Improvement Director for in-service training.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary and multicultural/diverse team.
• Review weekly productivity reports for team as well as other reporting tools indicated by senior management to
ensure CSWs are meeting productivity goals.
• Assist Executive Director and Clinical Director with the implementation of strategic plans
• Maintain and submit all clinical documentation with clients within 48 hours of completing the service
• Provide emergency support as needed in accordance with the after-hours on-call schedule
• Attend all scheduled programmatic meetings (e.g., clinical supervision, staff meetings, etc.)
• Master’s Degree in a Human Services related field
• Licensed in the District of Columbia in one of the following licenses (LPC, LICSW, APRN and/or RN)
• Two years minimum of direct-care clinical services with individuals with mental health diagnoses
• Must be familiar or willing to be trained on EMR systems