ALLENTOWN, PA OR EAST STROUDSBURG, PA
The Front Desk Receptionist will provide administrative support to the clients and staff. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; and have acute attention to detail.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Providing excellent and professional customer service to our patients and their families
• Checking the messages and returning calls or forwarding messages to the correct department
• Answering calls and addressing the patients concerns or forwarding the calls to the correct department
• Checking in patients for their appointments, and preparing their charts for the Clinicians
• Collecting necessary documentation from the patients, such as IDs and Insurance Cards, etc.
• Making appointments for the patients based on the Clinician’s availability and the patients’ treatment plans
• Filing patient charts and required documentation
• Collecting, tracking, and turning in any co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible amounts with 100% accuracy
• Any other duties that are assigned and are within reason based on the companies needs
The Front Desk Receptionist position requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical office. Associates degree or medical assistant certification preferred, but relative years of experience will be considered. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures.